Our first Building Virtual Worlds project was to develop our skills in our individual disciplines: Texture Art, 3D Modeling, Programming, or Sound Design.
The texture artists in the class were one week to unwrap and texture a spaceship model in a creative way. I didn’t want to do a photorealistic spaceship, so I decided to make mine out of binder paper.
The idea was to make it look like an elementary school student got bored during class and started making a spaceship out of his homework assignment. I made my own crayon brush in Photoshop, and as per the requirement of having transparency in our textures, the holes in the binder paper became transparent.